Friday, April 8, 2011

Back in business...

So I have been MIA for a week or so...

I would love to say that I was thoroughly enjoying my week in amazing Saint Maarten.  However, I enjoyed about 48 hours of it and then was hit with a nasty stomach bug (as did our entire group).  While the scenery was amazing and breathtaking, it's hard to come back from the horrible feeling of being sick and not being home to feel miserable, in your own bed, with your own kitchen and bathroom.

So here are some pics of Saint Maarten that I was able to take.  (I'm trying to remember the positive parts of the trip :) )

Views from the hotel room:










A shot from the resort restaurant on the water 
Beautiful sand and water
 The funniest thing to watch while eating lunch is the people and the planes.  You wouldn't think this would be funny, but the plane runway is about 20 feet off the beach.  The planes have to back up as close to the fence as possible to get enough room to take off.  People literally hold on to the fence and get blasted by the plane's exhaust and then pushed into the ocean.   You would think only crazy people would do this, but crowds of people wait for planes to take off all day long.

Here is a plane backing up... 

See how close it is to the fence/beach

Here is some plane exhaust... note all the sand being kicked up 

Here are people pushed down the hill into the ocean from the plane exhaust 
That's the funny part of Saint Maarten.

I hope everyone one had a super fun spring break, not full of plane exhaust and puking!





No comments:

Post a Comment