So I am back on the weight loss kick since things are finally settling down here. No more traveling for a while, no more medical appointments, etc.
It's nice.
With that focus I have been finding inspiration. I love Biggest Loser, mostly just for the before and after pictures. But here is a definite inspiration shot that I am currently using.
 |
| That's Rebecca (from Season 8) I think... hard core for sure. |
Other than inspiration I have been reading blogs and SparkPeople to find alternatives for the high calorie things I love. Mostly peanut butter. I found PB2.
 |
| I had to order it online and hoped and prayed it would be close to the real thing... |
 |
| Okay calories are good... 85% less than normal, even light, peanut butter. |
 |
| Here is 2 tablespoons, then you mix 1 tablespoon of water... Weird how it is in powder form |
 |
| Okay looking a little more normal once water is added... that's a good sign. |
 |
| And here's my healthy snack. 45 calories of peanut butter and 1 apple. |
I really have no complaints about the peanut butter. It is the same smell and taste. The only thing that may be slightly, and I mean slightly, off is the texture. But overall it is really good, and I can't just grab a spoonful while walking by the pantry because I actually have to make the stuff, so that will help A LOT with control.
While looking over all of these alternatives I also found Miracle Noodle. Now here is where I got really skeptical, because what kind of noodle has 0, yes 0, calories? Well apparently Miracle Noodle. It isn't as cheap as regular pasta and costs a lot to ship, but for 0 calories I figured it was worth a try.
 |
| Here's how it comes. Packaged in water. This is the fettuccini version. |
 |
| Here's the calories.... baffling... |
 |
| Here's what it is made of... I don't know what any of that means, but to me it means 0 calories! |
 |
| It is interesting to make. You have to drain and wash the noodles. Then blanch them for a minute and then dry them out. |
 |
| And here is the final product. |
I would say that overall it is pretty good. It is kind of gummy in comparison to real pasta. But considering the picture above was only 350 calories because I made a meat sauce, as opposed to 600 calories with real noodles, I can get used to a little bit of gummy noodles.
**I received nothing for these comments**
The noodles look a lot like the noodles that are Hungry Girl recommends... shirataki something or other. You might be able to find those at a nearby store instead of having to order them online?
ReplyDeleteyeaaah I got the shirataki too... haven't tried them yet. Yes I am going to research local places because that shipping was craaaazy
ReplyDelete