I have been thinking a lot about what decorations I want at the reception. It is a brand new space so I don't have a real idea of what it will look like, but I know it's an indoor/outdoor tent. I have always envisioned chinese lanterns like this...
But we will be in an outdoor space during the day... so no need for light (which I'm sure cuts down on a lot of complications). So the new focus is on something visually appealing and adding a different dimension to the tent.
Here's the problem. No sure what the space will look like... I think it will look similar to this, but please, please don't let all the pick distract you
![]() |
I am (pretty) positive the walls are glass/clear but I am not sure about the ceiling. The location finishes it remodel in the next two months, so I will now for sure then... until then I can only guess. And think of lots of different ideas for the decorations.
So far I am considering two options:
Option 1: String bally thingies (the technical name I'm sure) -- similar to chinese lanterns but cheaper and self made
Option 2: Tissue Paper Pom-Poms -
![]() |
Both are inexpensive. The balls are a lot messier to make, but I think look cool because you can see through them. However, they are hard to store though and take about an hour each. The pom-poms are much easier to store and could also be opened day of or day before, which allows for me to make a lot more of them. Also I love the different colors of paper.
So I am not sure which one to go with yet. I guess the size of the space and the ease of the paper pom poms will be a deciding factor. I found this Martha Stuart how-to blog so I will giving it a try in the next few weeks....




My best friend got married in October and we did the tissue paper pom-poms for her wedding, over the dance floor. They looked great!
ReplyDelete