Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday-- dessert!

Wedding Wednesday- Reception Dessert! 

A large part of the wedding reception is the cake.  In years past the focus has just been on the feeding the cake to the other, whether it will be smashed or not.  Now it seems there is suuuuuch a focus on cake and its elaborateness.... if that's a word.  

Well, sorry for my guests, but my fiance and I don't considered ourselves cake people... so we aren't really into a cake.  If I could just have a sheet cake from Costco that would feed all those people, done.  But apparently that's not really allowable, so I venture on. 

I looked at a lot of cake places and decided that a cake wasn't a way to go because it was too stuffy.  So I'm going for cupcakes.  They are more financially friendly and so darn cute. 

We chose Roxie's Cupcakes.  They are suuuper moist and cute.  I mean look how cute this cupcake cake is! 

This is one of Roxie's... soo cute and it even has the cake on top for the traditional part! 
Buuuuuut, there's more... 

Don't get me wrong, just because my fiance and I aren't cake people doesn't mean we don't like dessert.  More specifically, we like frozen yogurt.  Not only is it figure friendly, but you can put allll sorts of topping on your choice of flavors.  And it is absolutely delicious. 

So we will have Skinny Dip as well as cupcakes at the wedding.  We will have two flavors and 5 toppings on our big day.  

I mean who doesn't want that... gimme a break.... 
So that's our choice for our wedding.  Cupcakes and Fro Yo.  I kind of wish that I wasn't stuck in a tight dress the whole night so I could really enjoy, but it will be a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment