Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wedding Wednesday-- decoration DIY

Wedding Wednesday- DIY decorations 

So after looking at different options online, looking through marriage sections of craft stores, and reading magazines, I finally tried my different options. 

Option 1: String Ball 

Inspiration photo: 
from free wedding projects blog
My attempt
my creation... it has held up since I did this in January 
Positives:  Looks really cool when done well.  Really cheap to do.  Easy to change colors with spray paint. 
Negatives: Hard to get consistent balls.  Hard to store.  Takes a good amount of time to do.  Messy crafting. 

Option 2: tissue pom poms 
Inspiration Photo:
Tissue pom poms from Martha Stewart
My attempt: 
A smaller option
A larger on on my mantle
Positive:  Looks really nice.  Easy to do.  Easy to store.  Allow for a lot of different colors.  
Negative: Can be time consuming/must have patience.  

Option 3: 
Inspiration Photo: 
Inspiration from Martha Stewart 
My attempt: 
This one isn't so cute 
This one was my first attempt... Much better than above.  
Positive: Easy to make.  Can find supplies easily.  Easy to change color with spray paint.  
Negative:  Hard to maintain consistency.  Worried about how long the tape will hold up.  Not easy to store.  Doesn't hang as well as I would like.  

Final decision:  

I am definitely torn.  I really like the stringy ball and the pompom.  I am not sure which one I will end up with, but I still have time to make a decision.  

What do you think I should do?  Wanna help?  Hahah! 



No comments:

Post a Comment