Picking my Reception Place
Living in the vacation destination area of Virginia Beach, Va, I was SOOO stressed to find a great venue. I always thought I wanted a destination wedding or simple wedding on the beach, but I also didn't want to be cliche. Sooo I searched for a local venue that included some sort of water element that fit my less formal feeling. I wanted our location to match our personality, so somewhere less formal but beautiful was the most important part.
Here were the main contenders in my search:

Pros:
*Beautiful gardens
*Close to our current home
*Numerous options for weddings
*Outdoors and whimsical
*Can be super formal or more casual
Cons:
*Not as close to our current home as I would like
*Had to find caterers, flowers, photographers all separate
*Nothing was included- had to pay for chairs, etc. in addition to rental
*Kind of expensive to not include anything else
Pros:
*Very close to ceremony venue
*Only do 1 wedding per day so can start/stop at any time
* Beautiful setting on the water
*The club is doing brand new renovations so it will be like a new place!
* The tent for the reception can be open or closed and heated or cooled easily, still on the water
* Turf so no one sinks in the grass!
* We can leave via boat or limo
Cons:
*There are no good pictures because of the renovations

Pros:
*Everything was included, DJ, food, etc. *Reasonable prices
*A unique wedding reception for guests
*Close to home
*Definitely includes water element
Cons:
*I get sea sick really easily... would need Dramamine
*The reception has to start and end at a certain time... guests could be late and miss it
*Not as close to the ceremony location as I would like it to be
*Not completely private as other weddings/parties/etc. could be happening on other decks.
*Can't really make personal with decorations/flowers
Pros:
*On the water with beautiful views
*Covered patio so no worries about weather
*Includes some aspect like linens, food, etc.
* Not too far a drive from ceremony location
Cons
*Very specific start/stop times for weddings - no flexibility
Aaaaand which one did I pick?
I chose the Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club. I really liked Jessica Matthews, their event coordinator there. Also, they are so accommodating in every way. My reception can start whatever time I would like, I can bring in other vendors with no problem, and they are within budget. It is also going to be virtually brand new with the renovations and still on the water. I am suuuuper excited to see all the renovations finished and will post pictures when I do!
*I received no compensation for any of the above locations*

No comments:
Post a Comment