I really, really wish I had before pictures of our "trash bin" area, but unfortunately I was buying some last minute supplies when the fiance and his father started the work. So I don't have the dramatic before and after pics, but we are very pleased with the results.
Whoever lived in this house before had a small patio off the back with these 12 by 12 bricks made with pebbles. My fiance redid that back porch, but kept the bricks.
I decided that the easiest way for us to make our "trash bin" area amazing (and cheap) was to reuse the bricks as much as possible.
Just so you have an idea, the trash bins used to sit on piles of dead leaves and pine needles. Here is the proof that we did a lot of raking, stamping, weed proofing, etc. to get the trash bin area beeeeautiful.
Here's the area. First we had to rake up all the dead stuff, then try and level the area. Some of the areas required shims and some special attention, but otherwise it was pretty easy. Then we put down weed stopper paper (sorry that is definitely the layman's term for sure) and staggered the bricks because of that weird white pipe coming up. The only thing we paid for so far was the weed stopper.
Because the bricks were pre sized (and free) we didn't want to try and find smaller ones that matched to make it totally perfect. Instead we got 2 bags of pea sized rocks to fill in the gaps. I think it turned out pretty good considering what we had to work with.
Based on what it looked liked before, we now looooove taking the trash out.
Here's a future project I have. The garage bins are father down toward the fence, and I plan to plant rose bushes here to fill in the area. Just a little sneak peek!
No comments:
Post a Comment