Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oops Paint from Lowe's

I have accumulated a lot of furniture over the years (thanks mom and dad!).  They are all sturdy pieces but don't match in color or type.  Enter mom's suggestion of Oops Paint and my recent trip to Lowes.  Now, don't get too excited about Oops Paint.  While it is cheap (about 5 dollars), there is really a very limited selection.  Like 5 colors, if you are lucky.  You also can't figure out what the color actually is so there is no way to reproduce it if you wanted to.  Lucky for me, I don't really want to reproduce this interesting green color, but I like it in small doses in my guest bedroom and outdoor patio.

 A once light brown rocker (needs a cushion still).  I also got paint pens and tried to embellish the air and leg parts.  Not sure how I really feel about it yet. 
 A once black small dresser that is holding a TV. 
 A once dark brown side table
 A once light brown bookcase I bought from Craigslist for 30 bucks.  Holding my gardening supplies on the porch until it's time to garden!

My future aspirations are to pair the green color with a light purple/lavender color in the guest room.  Probably will have to pay full price for a color I actually want, but hopefully it will be worth it! 


1 comment:

  1. That paint color is actually pretty nice, especially with the turquoise blue vases on the garden shelf.

    ReplyDelete