Monday, March 21, 2011

Dresser Redone

Giving a New Life to Old Furniture 

My mother and father gave me this old dresser.  I love the fact that it is solid wood and has good details.  It once had small casters to roll it easily and I'm still on the hunt to replace those.  

I reused the knobs by cleaning them thoroughly and spray painting them with a chrome finish.  I am still on the hunt for knobs for all the furniture to match, and am thinking porcelian with color.  

I love this detail.  It is a foot with toe nails and everything! 

I prepped it by putting painters tape on the front side.  I have had issues with drawers sticking because of paint  or paint peeling off so this time I decided to not paint the underside of the drawer and see what happened.  

As suggested by the lady at a local hardware store, I prepped the dresser in grey first so the color would be rich.

First coat with purple color.  

All finished with hardware and all.  

Finished dresser.  I'm happy with it but still want to find some different pulls that will unite all the different furniture together.  

This is in our spare bedroom, which is great for guests, but will otherwise sit unused.  We are going to store off-season clothing in here to free up some closet space (always needed!) and make it a functioning piece.

That's all for this rainy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment