Sunday, March 20, 2011

Privacy Please

Master Bath Window Issue 

Problem with Master Bath Shower:  There is a very large window in the Master Shower.  Sometimes nice... but this one is very, very large and allows view from one's hips to above their head.  

Here is the culprit window.  Provides a nice view, but also allows anyone outside a view inside.
 Problematic- very much so!



Solution:  While wandering around Lowes (looking for the bathroom I might add) I came across an entire solution for my window problem.  Window Film!  Who would have known it were so easy.  Really though.. so freaking easy! 

I got Etched Leaf because I was kind of afraid of the more 'loud' designs.   I will be more adventurous in the future though!

Installing the Window Film:   Really and truly, so freaking easy! 

 1- Clean the glass.  2-  Measure the film and cut it.  3-  Put together the smoothing tool that comes with the window film.  4-  Peel the backing off the film.  5- Place on window and then smooth with tool.  

Opening the package to total instal: 10 minutes 

End result from the inside.  I like that it still lets light in but blurs the images behind the glass! 
This is the view from the outside looking in the window.  

My fiance modeled what a person looks like inside... blurry indeed!
(Don't worry he isn't completely nude, just lifting his shirt up but he wanted this to be a very authentic pic.)
Might still close the blinds though at night for modesty's sake!  

Window Film: A SUCCESS! 

 I'm very happy with the window film.  Not only was it so easy to install, it looks nice, it wasn't expensive, and it isn't permanent so I can change it when I want to.  I'm thinking something with mosaics and color next time to add some pretty details to the otherwise neutral bathroom! 

I received nothing for posting this blog or linking to Lowes.  

1 comment:

  1. I never knew they made this! You chose a pretty design- I like it!

    ReplyDelete