Sunday, September 25, 2011

Outside area reveal

Outside area: 

Well with lots of things happening at our house in the very near future, I am feeling very stressed to make the house amazingly beautiful and comfortable.  

This was my area.  My patio is dead ahead and looking out onto this is a very, very depressing.  I probably weeded the area about 4 times and every time the weeds just came back. 
My original thought was that I would make the area a patio with concrete.  After crunching the numbers for the space, that would have been about 600 bucks with my doing it with my nonprofessional results.  

After consideration, and my desire to not weed this area for at least a couple of months, I decided for a shade garden (that's for the obvious idea mom!) 

Sooo even though it's fall, we had a week of rain and humidity, and I was out in the yard making thing happen.  

First, I dug up about 2 to 3 inches of earth from the 8 by 20 foot area.  It was tiring.  

Then I put down the weed paper stuff on the bottom to help prevent weeks.  You can see that in the picture on the far side.  

Then some perennials that Lowes guarantees for a year and we are good to go.  

No finished but is shows the weed paper down... 
The view from the patio.  


Added stepping stones to get to the hose.
I have a few more additions to make to the area and then it will be totally finished... can't wait to get those done and get this area off of my check list!






1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Good idea to put the weed fabric down; that will pay off in the long run.

    ReplyDelete