A long while ago I
redid a dresser that my parents handed down to me. I was pretty happy with it, except for I wasn't a fan of drawers sticking and the purple kind of reminded me of a kid room instead of an adult guest room.
 |
| Here's was the finished product of my redo... |
So I got it in my head to strip it again (apparently I am maaade of time and back strength) and then give it a white wash of some sort.
Stripping the numerous layers off again was a pain. It is even more of a pain given that my garage is much, much hotter than it was in January. And the nooks and crannies, while a great detail, is a pain in the butt to strip.
 |
| Case in point--- distinctive claw feet=pain in the butt to get the paint out of the crack |
Soooo after days, lots of sweat, and two audiobooks, I finally got the paint off---or at least enough for me. After eyeing the piece for a couple of days, and with the input of my fiance, I decided not to paint it again. We have a couple of pieces that are natural and we like the look of them, so I decided I can always paint it later, but restripping it again in the next decade would drive me crazy. So the dresser is redone again, al-naturale.
 |
| I updated the knobs to a fake crystal thing...love the detail of the key hole |
 |
| The right side of the dresser... I like the inconsistency of the wood and the light colors |
 |
| I found some antique-like wallpaper on super duper sale and decided to line the drawers with that. It gives it a classer look then super old wood drawers |
 |
| Aaaand the dresser found a new home in the twin guest room/travel room. |
So that's the dresser redo redone. I am happy with it currently and have a few yard sale pieces in the garage I need to get to so it will stay this way for a while!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI really like it like that! It's very organic and soft looking- super pretty. What did you use to remove/strip the paint?
ReplyDeleteWe only have like 3 options at the local Home Depot/Lowe's. I loooove the spray paint version because it is so much cleaner than the huge tub kind. One coat for 20 minutes and the paint pretty much falls off with no fail!
ReplyDelete