Friday, June 3, 2011

Old picture mantle

On a past thrift store trip I found two old windows.  These windows were worn down for sure, but had the panes still in them which I liked.

Here's how the windows started 

I started with a straight razor cleaning up the sides.  Then I used painters tape on the panes.   I went with a grey I found in the Oops section. 
Props to whoever came up with this little dohickythingy.  It makes using painters tape soooo much easier! 
 I decided that I wanted to use them on our mantle.  The fiance likes this wine picture but I wanted a large mirror or something less specific here.  Enter the window panes.

The candle holder in the chimney I also found at a thrift store for like 3 bucks!  SCORE!

I like the detail of the old rusted window latch as well.  

 Here's the finished product.  I ultimately want to paint this fireplace something other than white, but for now I will be happy with my grey window pane focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment