Tuesday, June 28, 2011

aaaand we're back

So far this summer I feel like we have been on the road 24-7.  Last week we went to Denver, Colorado for fiance's business and turned the two days into 4.  I really enjoyed Denver's ability to incorporate nature into the city.  Here are some of my best shots from the trip...

Here are pictures of my walk that was supposed to lead me to the capital, but was still scenic.

a water feature outside our hotel 

There was a lot of construction and I liked that someone made flowers to put into the chain link 
a cool shiplike feature on the main walkway  
I like that you could rent a bike for 24 hours... cool 

a bear on the side of a building 

a picture of mona lisa on the side of Mona's cafe  
I like that there was a park in the middle of the city with walkways and bike paths ...super cool 

lots of random statues and such 

This was taken by the fiance... I think he was trying to get the mountains! 

Had the try the beers.... I prefer the cheap stuff  
Finally found the capital while wandering around after dinner 

There were pianos all over main street that anyone could play..
This was the view from the 4th floor pool and gym.... love it
We went to the aquarium as well.... 


Starfish! 
This statue moved and scared the crap outta me... he's not so impressed... 

They had a mermaid show with 3 mermaids... it was really cute and all about taking care of the water and the environment.  
Aaaand there was a tiger... 
creeeeeeepy shark picture 
Love the look of jellyfish 
Feeding the sting rays...  
That was our trip.  I really enjoyed Denver and how the city is melded into nature.

We leave on Friday for the Eastern Shore for the 4th and the fiance's birthday.  More pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment