Dresser Redo
I have been searching (like literally pulling over at every thrift store I pass) for a dresser for our bedroom. The man doesn't seem to believe in them and didn't have 1 in the house before me. Well unfortunately all my undergarments needed a home so I have been searching for one that is a very specific size. It had to be only 34 inches wide, only 20 inches or less deep, and as tall as possible (to hold all the unmentionables).
After weeks of keeping my eyes open I finally found one. It was in horrible condition. By horrible I mean it was on the sidewalk in front of the store and was being sold for 9 bucks. You know a real wood dresser is in bad shape when it's that keep.
I was won over by the fact it fit my dimensions and paid up. I didn't really look at the condition.
| Though it looks like a lot of tiny drawers, it is actually 5 in total. |
| While you maybe can't see it, the whole thing is flaking and really kind of horrible. I knew it would be a good amount of time to just get this ready to paint. So I decided not to paint it. I knew it would take a super long time and it was really hot this morning. Once I started sanding I decided I looked the look. It reminded me of my parents old dresser. Unfortunately, I had the same problem with the storage cabinets, so I wallpapered the sides. I feel like I should probably figure out another way to address this kind of problem, but for now this is working for me. Here's the results:
The wallpaper looks a little off when it doesn't blend exactly in color, but I'm okay with it until I find a good color and a cooler time to paint it.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment