Saturday, July 9, 2011

Storage Cabinet Reveal

Storage Cabinet (not baby changing station) Reveal 

I got these two beauties right before we went on vacation.  They were sold together and I assumed it was a baby changing cabinet and a clothes cabinet.  After trying to find a changing pad that would fit inside the sunken cabinet I realized it was probably an old dry sink... either way I'm happy with the results.  



Once I started sanding and refinishing the sides of the cabinet were obviously in bad shape.  It looked like there was 1 thin sheet of real wood covered up by some kind of thinner vinyl.  Once I took all that off there were problems within the wood..... I knew I couldn't just paint it and hope it wouldn't be noticeable.

Enter my beautiful wallpaper 

I decided to try and add textured wall paper.  I really liked the antique like pattern.  I used spray adhesive and assumed that paint would further seal it to the furniture.  
I also had another fun trip to Lowe's trying to find new hardware... apparently no one makes this size.  It was less than 3 inches and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Enter my burgundy spray paint again.

The results 

I also couldn't find the same or similar hinges.  I didn't want to put more holes into the pieces so I spray painted those too.  


The wallpaper was actually the exact color of the paint (Antique Lace) and you can't tell at all that I painted it.  I still like how it looks though.   
I'm off to work on my dresser for the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment