![]() |
| credit |
I mean, doesn't that look nice? In my head it looked like a very serene, tranquil, one with nature, zen- like experience. It also looked really, really easy. I mean the board looks big and think, I'm relatively coordinated, and I know how to canoe. Right? No problem.
So, of course, my first thought it is, 'I will buy one of these boards and immediately become one with the water.' A quick google search shows that boards and paddles are in the range of 400+ bucks. Ahhh I think, let's find a better solution.
So I found a local group on meet up. Last night, for a mere 25 bucks, I went out to meet the meet up group and be one with the water. Well let me enlighten you on a few things.
1- It is like canoeing when you are on your knees... and even then, it isn't.
![]() |
| Ohhh and that's Cameron Diaz in case you were wondering. |
3- Pictures of this
| credit |
probably take more practice than one night.
4- It is a very serene sport. Especially since, you are by yourself. This isn't the kind of thing where you are socializing while waiting for a wave or just getting tan. In fact if you aren't paddling, you are more likely to fall over and be one with the water.
| credit |
![]() |
| see models! You can scroll back up and look at Cameron too credit |
I really did enjoy myself though. The group I met with had 3 really nice 'instructors' and they each took time to give me some pointers and tell me to get up and try again. They even loaned me a suuuper expensive board for the night and made the experience super enjoyable.
Aaaand, after my ice baths, Bengay rubs, and a week of recovery, what will I be doing Thursday nights from now on? Paddleboarding.



Your blog is interesting, has left a great impression.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Jonas