Friday, August 12, 2011

Pinterest inspirations


I am somewhat addicted to pinterest.  I tag a lot of things and think, Yes I will do that.... and then never really look at my old pins.  Total bummer.  So here are a few that were easy enough, and I had the supplies literally lying around, so I made it happen.

Spray Painted Pine Cones:  I didn't have any super cute pastel spray paint, so I just went with gold and navy.  It will take me right into fall.  Now I just need to go thrifting and find a super cheap and cute tall glass container and I am good to go.  




Vases: I found these random beauties during various thrifting.  I originally had them spray painted and off white, but that just looked dirty.  I went with gold and navy (theme here?) and I like the results.  I think they will fund a home on my new hutch! 


Random jars:  I am sure I am not  the first person to think of this, but I have been saving my old glass jars from various foods and cleaning them out.  I envision random lights, tea lights, old candles, etc., gracing these jars and being the lighting for a beautiful candlelight dinner... once it's cooler of course.  


Aaaand to show that I haven't been just spray painting stuff nonstop..... here is a sneak peak of my buffet I was attempting to change.  

BEFORE: 


AFTER: 

I put a lot more detail and effort into it than I originally planned, but I like the results.  Now I just have to figure out how to get it into its special home on the back porch.... Then more beautiful pictures will follow.  







No comments:

Post a Comment