Thursday, August 25, 2011

Outdoor patio

So now that I have fixed up our covered outside patio, I HAVE TO work on the patio directly outside.

Here's the current space:


And if you are sitting inside, this is the view: 


See what I mean?  So ugly.


 I have weeded this sucker countless times.  At first I thought I would do a veggie garden here, but it doesn't get enough light.  Then I thought some beautiful flowers, but I don't have the best green thumb.

Now I am envisioning this:

source

I am hoping to make the whole area slate/patio.  Then I want to put the grill out there with a simple grill station, as well as a potting bench.  I have all the plans and just have to build it all!

Here's my ultimate dream:

pinterest
If you have ever done an outdoor patio, any suggestions are welcomed... for instance, do I really need to do all the layers of sand, and then rocks, and then slate, then more sand?

Seriously, any suggestions for this novice would be great !

No comments:

Post a Comment