Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 progress update!

Soo January came and went with good intentions, but not time for actually doing anything.

February has been muuuuch more productive... it seems to help when my husband goes out of town and I don't have anyone questioning how late I stay up or when I need to eat.  I pretty much worked from 8 to midnight every day he was gone.... and I got a lot done!

Updates:

Master Bath:

Here's a reminder of the before.... contractor grade mirror and white, white paint.... very boring and showed allll the dirt I am bad at cleaning! 

A progress shot... 

I even ventured to the Pinterest inspired plate cover... not a bad investment of time 

The whole focus of the bathroom was to replace the mirror with 2 smaller mirrors OR frame the mirror out... 


I did try to make a small storage area in between the mirror, but CANNOT, for the life of me, figure out how to frame it so the back doesn't show.... just a tad bit frustrating.... 

Here's the end result.... 

This will replace the cabinet that didn't quite work... a $9 splurge at Ross.... 
Total cost:
Paint - 25 bucks (not oops paint unfortunately)
Wood for mirror- 20 bucks
Tumblers and basket- 21 bucks
Misc. stuff (Rollers, glue to hold mirror down, etc.) 20 bucks

86 dollars total--- not too shabby for a big change...

1 comment: