Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mom's China Cabinet

I was looking everywhere for a china cabinet to fit in my dining room.  The room is a really weird shape and the only place for a china cabinet is right here... and it's only about 3 feet of space... and most china cabinets are at least 4 feet or more... I had literally looked for hours online to find one and even contemplated building one myself...

Intro my mom and her great furniture that she no longer needs!  This antique piece fits perfectly and is great in the space.... no overpowering and not so deep that it cuts off the opening to the left of it...

Sorry for the cleaning stuff.... ever get an urge to do something when it's no where on your radar...that is what happened here.... 

Previously it was all housed in this little beauty I found for 40 bucks at the thrift store... Great for storage 

Here it is with all the china in it... 


Perfect space and perfect sized china cabinet!  Yay!  
Now my other little buffet thing doesn't hold anything... but I don't want to get rid of it bc a) it's not in the way or anything and b) it is great for putting out buffet type food....

Anywho, china cabinet holding all of the china stuff and making it look super fancy and nice:  $0

3 comments:

  1. It looks great with all your nice china in it! I know I sound like a mom, but...why can't you center it on that wall space instead of pushing it up against the opening on the left? Will that not work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You won a giveaway on my blog. I have not heard from you and can't find an email address. Please email me about your prize! :) Don't want you to miss out! http://www.thecountrychiccottage.net/2012/02/apartment-guide-50-gift-card-winner.html

    ReplyDelete