Friday, January 6, 2012

To do in 2012

Oh hey....

I am alive...

I am married...

I am now a licensed Real Estate agent...

and more than anything I am ready to get back in my garage and build some stuff!

Soooo here are my goals for the hizzzouse in the year 2012 (in no particular order) :

Living room:

Redo this oh so lovely liquor/bar area... get rid of the 1980's (or older) mirrored bar

annnd get rid of all the glasses that aren't sentimental
Get rid of the white on white fire place... either paint the mantle or paint the bricks...something's gotta be different...



Reupholster these chairs that I attempted to paint but it didn't work... so on to fabric...
One of them looks good, but I wouldn't want to sit on it or put my arms on it... so on to fabric... 
Office:

Redo the office... the huge man furniture is nice, buuuut doesn't really work with our lifestyle (aka two of us wanting to sit at a desk)... I really want two desks, probably facing each other, hopefully glass, with lots of storage.



  Oh and the man chair/Tucker's chair will go as well.


Master bedroom:

Oh hey, I'm a grown up... I think it's probably time for a headboard... there are a lot of good ones to make on Pinterest!

Sorry didn't have time to make the bed... probably should have just for this picture if nothing else... oh well 


Find/ Build a long dresser for under the window...

that's part of our sectional that doesn't fit anywhere else... it needs to go
Make/find a great bench seat (with storage?) for the head of the bed....
I'm all about showing off an unmade bed
Build storage and table  for the hydrotherapy room

Need some simple tables to hold towels/drinks/Ipod player/ etc. 

Find some comfy seating and a little table.

Look how big a space we have for chairs and a table! 


Master bathroom:

Frame out the huge mirror/get rid of huge mirror for smaller option.
Paint it a soothing color of some sort...
Yes the walls are white... man that mirror needs help! 
Kitchen:

build a corner hutch for storage of all of my kitchen technologies...


The current storage of kitchen technologies.. kinda ugly! 

Replace pantry door with the open top one on Pinterest.... that means I would need to keep my pantry reaaaally clean... hmm...

not sure if this is worth it... 
Need a backsplash like no buddies business....


 In EVERY STINKIN ROOM --- add lights to the ceiling fans so there is overhead lighting in the rooms!



 I think that's a good amount of things to work on... there are definitely more, but that's what most important currently...

Wish me luck on getting it all done....

No comments:

Post a Comment