Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Favors!

Wedding Favors: 

To be completely honest, I was not into the wedding favor situation at all. 

Usually when I got to a wedding it's something small that no one ever uses or gets eaten/left at the wedding.

The weddings where I have enjoyed the favor were when they were significant and personalized.  And something I would, or could, use in the future.  

I tried to keep that in mind for our favors.... but I bought the favors really early on... on super duper sale from Pier 1... like 50 people less than we actually invited early on, so I don't have quite enough for each individual person.... 

So you see, my first idea was to have everyone's name and table number attached to this cute little leaf ornament... 


At this point it would just be blank, because who wants to write on 120 ornaments.... 

But then we invited an extra 50 people people... so the ornaments turned into personalized favors that only ONE household needs to take with them!  

I tried a string on each one, wrote C <3 S and 10-29-11 on each one. 

Soooo they are all a little different, fit the fall theme, and are personalized.  This way people can look back on the ornament and remember us and we can do the same.  

Here's how they turned out: 









My vision is still to hang them from a tree like this


And people can take them as the leave... simple, pretty, personal....

Now who can come up with a cute poem to put next to the tree to make it work? 

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment