Saturday, October 1, 2011

More carpentry: and I actually MADE something I tagged on Pinterest!

I have been disliking this bakers rack for a while... 

Subpar, not very fun, baker's rack.... 
Don't get me wrong, it's a cute little piece and it serves its purpose, but we got a super fun and great wedding gift aaaand I had seen this piece of furniture on pinterest aaaaand I thought it was the perfect excuse to give it a try! 


http://strawberry-chic.blogspot.com/

I had to make a few adjustment as far as depth and height went... I made mine a foot taller and not as deep.  I couldn't find my camera during the building stages, but here's the final product! 


It's funny how similar the colors are... I found mine in the Ooops section the other day and snatched it up!   Very beachy! 

 Our awesome new gift is the little wine cooler, which I loooove!  I wanted to be able to have it accessible but not taking up any more counter space.  I added the second shelf and it is a perfect fit! 


I am still debating whether to scratch it up and since it will probably get that way over time I might just let nature take its course.  I like the natural wood top and shelf, which you can find already made at Lowe's in lots of sizes.

It only took me about 4 hours to complete and it's a cute little addition to our otherwise monotonous cherry wood kitchen! 


1 comment: